Friday, May 6, 2011

Farewell Freshman Year

I have yet to figure out how to keep up with the clock... I'm always a few steps behind the present. Because of this, another part of my life is ending and I am not able to wrap my head around it.
This year has been a MAJOR stepping stone for me in my life.. Moving away from home, becoming familiar with a whole new city, living among people from all different backgrounds, religions, and beliefs and learning to love absolutely ALL of them. I have become so much more confident in my craft-- which is of course, Musical Theater.. Musical Theater is a Giant part of who I am. I have always known that my talents fit with this type of art... but this year I have learned that progressing and learning in the art of theater or  progressing and learning who I am as a person  are interchangeable. There is something so powerful and fulfilling about communicating to an audience through the stage that I just can't live without. I CAN"T WAIT for next year when I can put my skills to the test.. a.k.a .. Auditioning. :)
As I sit here in my empty dorm room ( Room 1824 Lawerence Hall) with my bags all packed, I feel so very grateful for every single experience I have had this year. Thank you to one and all, for making an impression on me... Big or small, you have changed me.
This type of farewell is extremely cliche, I'm aware... but there is really no other way to close this type of   experience. I have been impacted in so many ways that probably won't even hit me until I'm 35 years old.. maybe by then, I will be able to wrap my head around the reality of JUST HOW WONDERFUL my life is.
To sum up this cheese ball of a blog-- I am very excited to see what this summer brings.. 4 months of time with my family and friends in beautiful St. George... I could not ask for anything more terrific.
Thank you God, Point Park, Class of 2014, friends and family... for making my life what it is.
Here I come Summer!!!!!! XOXOXOXOXOXOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment